- making entries in an account system or book from original documents such as invoices and receipts. Glossary of Business Terms————Also allocation Euroclear Clearing and Settlement glossaryCalculation method allocating expenses to the cost of the various products in order to calculate the complete cost. Euroclear Clearing and Settlement glossary
* * *posting post‧ing [ˈpəʊstɪŋ ǁ ˈpoʊs-] noun1. [uncountable] especially BrE the act of sending a letter, parcel etc through the official delivery system:
• If you do not obtain a certificate of posting we are not legally liable to pay compensation.2. [uncountable] ACCOUNTING the work of entering figures in a ledger (= a book or computer record used by a company to record money received or spent):
• A posting error can be corrected using the correction key.— see also error of posting3. [countable] an occasion when an employee is sent to another country by their employer to do a particular job:posting to
• Mr Gardiner requested, and was granted, a posting to Japan.4. [countable] COMPUTING a message sent to an Internet discussion group so that all members of the group can read it; = post:
• Postings regarding the company may contribute to volatility in the market price of its stock.
* * *posting UK US /ˈpəʊstɪŋ/ noun► [C] HR a job, often within the organization that you already work for, which involves going to a different country or town to work for a particular period: »
a foreign/overseas postinga posting in/to sth »
He will use a two-year posting in Singapore to encourage people to consider living and working in Scotland.► [C] INTERNET an electronic message or information that is put on a website in order to allow many people to see it: »
A separate report on Thursday showed that job postings on the internet stayed strong in July.»
an internet/online/website posting»
a blog/bulletin board/message board posting► [C or U] ACCOUNTING the process of writing figures in a ledger (= book recording money that a company has spent and received), or the figures that are written: »
The company's posting of third-quarter earnings indicated a substantial slackening in computer sales.► [U] mainly UK COMMUNICATIONS the act of sending a letter or package by mail: »
Proof of posting does not constitute proof of delivery.
Financial and business terms. 2012.